UB Painter: QOL Export Godot-Ready Material

Please post here all feature requests you wish for the next version
lefty_spurlock

UB Painter: QOL Export Godot-Ready Material

Post by lefty_spurlock » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:39 am

Seeing that UB Painter is written with Godot, not having to setup the spatial material every time would be so convenient : ).

Maybe this is in conflict with making a more universal app for all the game engines, but could see it as a little checkbox "Export Godot Material" in the export textures dialog, and maybe later adding ones for Unreal and Unity.

Also I love this program, I did not know I could make nice looking low-rez materials so easily, thank you Archim <3

achim
Admin

Re: UB Painter: QOL Export Godot-Ready Material

Post by achim » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:44 am

Thank you very much,

the Idea is good. So, I looked short in a default Spatial Material, but it looks like the file is a binary file. As a result, it will be more work to implement such a function.
I will add it to my list, but I can’t promise to implement it. It will need time; I'm already totally behind my time schedule :( because of family and some Illnesses.
Currently my whole free time is consumed by bug finding and fixing ^^

But I will keep it in mind, because I like the idea and it would be handy.

lefty_spurlock

Re: UB Painter: QOL Export Godot-Ready Material

Post by lefty_spurlock » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:20 pm

It's always nice when a developer is really responsive and receptive, so thank you :)

Tell me if I'm being obnoxious instead of helpful but I think spatial materials in godot are considered a resource, and you can just do ResourceSaver("path", material). And you can decide to save it as a '.material' (binary) or a '.tres' (readable text) file.

Thanks for being transparent about your time, and of course taking care of family comes first, best wishes for you all